Chavan holds meeting with Mumbai legislators
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Thursday held a marathon meeting with legislators from Mumbai to discuss various city issues.
During the 7-hour meeting, Chavan said he would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Textile, Environment and Health Ministers to expedite implementation of various projects in Mumbai, official sources said.
Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawde stressed the need for a solution to the ban on holding political and social functions at Shivaji Park ground.
He also called for coordination between civic agencies.
Congress MLA from Byculla Madhu Chavan demanded subways be constructed near the flyovers from Byculla to Lower Parel.
Vinod Ghosalkar, Sena MLA from Dahisar, said there are 26 MLAs from suburban Mumbai but funds under the District Planning Funds had been reduced from Rs 180 crore to Rs 118 crore. Ghosalkar demanded expediting of the construction of service road from Bandra to Dahisar on the western express highway to ease the traffic congestion during peak hours.
Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde said the people living on the airport periphery be rehabilitated on the airport land on the space being carved out for Non Aeronautical purpose.
He said MP Priya Dutt and he had opposed the MMRDA plan to build 5-Star hotels and malls there.
Hegde also pointed out alleged irregularities in the SRA schemes and said the quality of construction of Rehab buildings should be on par with those which are built for sale. The MLA also stressed the need for coastal road around Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will be in UK in July – know who all he will meet, what all he will do
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July 2015'
- UN refugee chief urges Pakistanis not to label Afghan refugees 'terrorists'
- Anil Kumble: Undoubtedly one of the greatest, but can he improve India's dismal show overseas?
- MP BJP leader announces Rs one lakh reward for locating Rahul Gandhi