Chavan holds meeting with Mumbai legislators
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Thursday held a marathon meeting with legislators from Mumbai to discuss various city issues.
During the 7-hour meeting, Chavan said he would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Textile, Environment and Health Ministers to expedite implementation of various projects in Mumbai, official sources said.
Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawde stressed the need for a solution to the ban on holding political and social functions at Shivaji Park ground.
He also called for coordination between civic agencies.
Congress MLA from Byculla Madhu Chavan demanded subways be constructed near the flyovers from Byculla to Lower Parel.
Vinod Ghosalkar, Sena MLA from Dahisar, said there are 26 MLAs from suburban Mumbai but funds under the District Planning Funds had been reduced from Rs 180 crore to Rs 118 crore. Ghosalkar demanded expediting of the construction of service road from Bandra to Dahisar on the western express highway to ease the traffic congestion during peak hours.
Vile Parle MLA Krishna Hegde said the people living on the airport periphery be rehabilitated on the airport land on the space being carved out for Non Aeronautical purpose.
He said MP Priya Dutt and he had opposed the MMRDA plan to build 5-Star hotels and malls there.
Hegde also pointed out alleged irregularities in the SRA schemes and said the quality of construction of Rehab buildings should be on par with those which are built for sale. The MLA also stressed the need for coastal road around Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city