Chavan inept, lacks self-respect: Thackeray
Mumbai: Equating Congress party to the
Mughals, Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Friday heaped scorn on
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, calling him "inept" and one
who lacked self-respect.
In a strong-worded editorial in party mouthpiece
`Saamana`, Thackeray ridiculed Chavan, who has been saying
that the Sena will become "inconsequential" after the February
16 Mumbai civic polls.
"His parents named him after a brave heart but would not
have thought that he will turn out so inept," Thackeray said.
"You (Chavan) would not have blabbered if you had even an
ounce of self-respect," the Sena chief said, adding dethroning
Sena from the Mumbai civic body is not as easy as Chavan is
making out to be.
Shiv Sena came into being not for politics or power games,
but to oppose the injustice done to Marathi-speakers,
"Congress is like the Mughals... And the way Aurangzeb was
buried in Maharashtra, we will bury Congress in Mumbai," he
said in the editorial.
The Nehru-Gandhi family had propped up Chavan`s father
Anandrao, to counter Yashwantrao Chavan, he said.
"Anandrao Chavan was given all help to hinder the march
of Yashwantrao Chavan, who was a senior, decent and cultured
leader," Thackeray said. Anandrao was made a Central minister
but could not make any impact, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!