Chavan inept, lacks self-respect: Thackeray
Mumbai: Equating Congress party to the
Mughals, Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Friday heaped scorn on
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, calling him "inept" and one
who lacked self-respect.
In a strong-worded editorial in party mouthpiece
`Saamana`, Thackeray ridiculed Chavan, who has been saying
that the Sena will become "inconsequential" after the February
16 Mumbai civic polls.
"His parents named him after a brave heart but would not
have thought that he will turn out so inept," Thackeray said.
"You (Chavan) would not have blabbered if you had even an
ounce of self-respect," the Sena chief said, adding dethroning
Sena from the Mumbai civic body is not as easy as Chavan is
making out to be.
Shiv Sena came into being not for politics or power games,
but to oppose the injustice done to Marathi-speakers,
"Congress is like the Mughals... And the way Aurangzeb was
buried in Maharashtra, we will bury Congress in Mumbai," he
said in the editorial.
The Nehru-Gandhi family had propped up Chavan`s father
Anandrao, to counter Yashwantrao Chavan, he said.
"Anandrao Chavan was given all help to hinder the march
of Yashwantrao Chavan, who was a senior, decent and cultured
leader," Thackeray said. Anandrao was made a Central minister
but could not make any impact, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video