Chavan kept own image clean but shielded corrupt: BJP
Nagpur: Hitting out at Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan as he completed three years in office on Monday, state BJP said that he kept his own image clean but shielded others who were corrupt.
"Chavan kept his own image clean, but shielded his cabinet colleagues and others in irrigation and co-operative sector scams. He betrayed the people of the state by not tabling the Adarsh Society probe report within six months of its submission," state BJP chief Davendra Phadanvis said here.
The Chief Minister had promised the opposition leaders that the probe report would be tabled in the legislature, he claimed.
As Chavan broke his promise, the BJP approached the Bombay High Court with a PIL, making the Chief Minister and the Chief Secretary as respondents, Phadanvis said.
The Chief Minister was devoting his energy mainly to containing the alliance partner NCP, he said.
The BJP leader further said Chavan had not taken any steps for setting up Dr Ambedkar`s memorial on Indu Mills land in Mumbai and installing Shivaji`s statue off Mumbai coast.
The trans-harbour line project in Mumbai too was seeing no progress, he said.
Due to difference with Home Minister R R Patil, the Chief Minister had not cleared the files relating to postings of IPS officers, Phadanvis claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'