Chavan should stick to business in Maharashtra: Pawar
Mumbai: Taking a dig at Prithviraj Chavan for his remarks that there was no issue if NCP wishes to sit in opposition post 2014 polls, party chief Sharad Pawar on Monday said the Chief Minister should restrict himself to affairs of Maharashtra rather than on political situation elsewhere.
"I have not heard that Congress has entrusted him with the responsibility of looking after the party affairs in Gujarat. Chavan has lot of responsibilities in Maharashtra and he should stick to that. He need not have commented on NCP stand regarding Gujarat poll results," Pawar told reporters after a meeting of NCP ministers at `Deogiri`, the official residence of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
Pawar was responding to media queries on Chavan`s reaction to his warning that NCP might reconsider continuing its alliance with UPA in 2014 general elections due to the manner in which it was treated by Congress in Gujarat polls.
The NCP chief had said though his party was alloted nine seats in Gujarat, Congress fielded its candidates in five of them and Congress rebels contested in the remaining.
Pawar stood by his comments against Congress over the Gujarat polls, saying Congress did not do the right thing (in the BJP-ruled state).
The Union Minister also sought feedback from Maharashtra NCP ministers on the drought situation in the state in the meeting.
"There is shortage of fodder, education of children in the drought-hit areas and employment opportunities. We have to focus on these areas," he said.
A central team, which visited Maharashtra recently, recommended financial assistance of Rs 777 crore for drought relief, Pawar said.
The team`s recommendations will be taken up for discussion in tomorrow`s meeting of the high-powered committee of which Pawar is the chairperson.
Even the Maharashtra government`s proposal for drought relief will be considered and will have his full support, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics