Chavan to meet Congress legislators tomorrow
Mumbai: Amid perception in some quarters that resignation of NCP leader Ajit Pawar as Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister was aimed at dislodging him, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan is meeting Congress legislators here on Thursday.
"This will not be a formal meeting, but the chief minister would be meeting party legislators to mull over the present political situation," a state Congress functionary said.
The meeting should not be construed in any other way, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users