Cheques distributed to beneficiaries sans signature taken back
Yavatmal(Maha): Cheques distributed to 35 poor beneficiaries by Maharashtra`s Social Justice Minister Shivajirao Moghe at a function on Saturday did not bear signatures and were taken back after the Minister left the venue, sources said on Sunday.
Beneficiaries said they have been promised that cheques carrying signature of the authorised person would be issued to them on Monday.
According to a beneficiary Prabhakar Wankhede, a public function was held at Ghatanji near here and 35 beneficiaries of the Indira Awas Yojana were handed over cheques at the hands of the Minister Shivajirao Moghe who was in the town over the weekend.
The beneficiaries, the poor farm labourers carrying BPL cards, reached the venue of the function at the cost of their day`s wage.
After the function, some of the beneficiaries happened to note the lacuna and mentioned it to the Block development Officer who immediately recollected the cheques from all of them and promised that the same would be given back to them on Monday.
When contacted, BDO of Ghatanji, Uttam Ade, however, said that only five beneficiaries were given the cheques at the hands of the minister. He also argued that the cheques were taken back as they were given without taking any receipt from the beneficiaries.
“Since the Minister was in the town, we thought of distributing the cheques to the beneficiaries through him. The cheques were prepared post haste and distributed sans signature," he further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble