Chhagan Bhujbal in trouble over ‘Maharashtra Sadan
New Delhi: In what can spell trouble for Maharashtra PWD Minister Chaggan Bhujbal, reports on Friday claimed financial irregularities in construction of the new Maharashtra Sadan in the national capital.
An English news channel today reported KS Chamankar Constructions, who bagged the contract to build the Maharashtra Sadan gave subcontracts to members of Bhujwal’s family.
The entire project which was monitored by the panel headed by the state chief secretary got embroiled in controversy following a complaint filed in the Anti-Corruption Bureau by senior BJP leaders Kirit Somaiyya and Devendra Fadnavis.
They alleged that private developer had sub-contracted part construction to other companies, on violation of norms. They also contended that project cost originally pegged at Rs 52 crore rose to Rs152 crore.
Bhujbal has denied the allegations. He said, “Where is the question of any financial scam. The project was on BOT basis and there was no investment from government. The project was awarded to the private developer on the conditions that he would make the investment in lieu of additional FSI in a slum housing project in Andheri.
Meanwhile, the inauguration of Maharashtra Sadan at the hands of the President Pratibha Patil on Saturday has been postponed indefinitely
With DNA inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read