Chhagan Bhujbal-run trust`s building inspected
Mumbai: The Charity Commissioner`s office
on Saturday inspected a building of Mumbai Educational Trust,
controlled by Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, in
suburban Bandra following reports that the minister`s kin was
using it to run a furniture shop.
Officials, including Assistant Charity Commissioner
Mangesh Deshpande, carried out the inspection, as ordered by
the state Joint Charity Commissioner Sharadkumar Patil.
The order came after a MET trustee, Sunil Karve, pointed
out how Bhujbal`s daughters-in-law were using one full floor
as a furniture shop. Another floor was being used by Bhujbal
almost as an office-cum-residence, he said.
The team inspected the 8th and 10th floors of the MET
building and will submit a report on April 11.
Patil also directed Deshpande to take a video footage as
well as photographs of the two floors of the Trust building
and submit the same along with the report.
Patil`s order temporarily restrained the respondents from
using the two floors for "any purpose other than the objects
of the Trust or use the said premises for any purpose which is
contrary to the approved plan of the BMC."
The inspection comes after the Comptroller and Auditor
General (CAG) in a yet-to-be-tabled report apparently slammed
Bhujbal for doling out land to his family-controlled MET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation