Chhagan Bhujbal-run trust`s building inspected
Mumbai: The Charity Commissioner`s office
on Saturday inspected a building of Mumbai Educational Trust,
controlled by Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, in
suburban Bandra following reports that the minister`s kin was
using it to run a furniture shop.
Officials, including Assistant Charity Commissioner
Mangesh Deshpande, carried out the inspection, as ordered by
the state Joint Charity Commissioner Sharadkumar Patil.
The order came after a MET trustee, Sunil Karve, pointed
out how Bhujbal`s daughters-in-law were using one full floor
as a furniture shop. Another floor was being used by Bhujbal
almost as an office-cum-residence, he said.
The team inspected the 8th and 10th floors of the MET
building and will submit a report on April 11.
Patil also directed Deshpande to take a video footage as
well as photographs of the two floors of the Trust building
and submit the same along with the report.
Patil`s order temporarily restrained the respondents from
using the two floors for "any purpose other than the objects
of the Trust or use the said premises for any purpose which is
contrary to the approved plan of the BMC."
The inspection comes after the Comptroller and Auditor
General (CAG) in a yet-to-be-tabled report apparently slammed
Bhujbal for doling out land to his family-controlled MET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter