Chhota Rajan aide held in J Dey murder case
Mumbai: A close associate of the fugitive
underworld don Chhota Rajan was today arrested here for his
alleged involvement in the killing of senior crime reporter
Jyotirmoy Dey taking the total number of arrests made in the
case so far to 10, police said.
Paulson Joseph was today apprehended from Chembur area
in the Dey murder case, Joint Police Commissioner (Crime)
Himanshu Roy said. He would be produced before a local
"Joseph had provided logistical support in the crime.
The shooters, who were earlier arrested in the case, had got
SIM cards from him. These SIM cards with fake names were used
while executing the crime," Roy said.
Sources in the crime branch said Joseph, who had been
handling the don`s financial matters in the city, was also
continuously in touch with Rajan as well as the arrested
accused to execute the killing of the senior journalist.
Dey (56), working with the city-based English tabloid
Mid Day, was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne assailants in
suburban Powai on June 11.
Police had claimed that the scribe was eliminated
at the behest of gangster Chhota Rajan, who paid Rs 5 lakh to
the accused. However, they said the motive behind the killing
was not yet clear.
Earlier, police had over the period of time arrested
nine accused, including builder Vinod Asrani and sharp
Joseph is the same person who had organised the 2009
Christmas-eve bash in Chembur that saw five policemen
suspended as the cops were caught on camera while partying
with the gangsters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends