Chhota Rajan`s associate arrested in Mumbai
Mumbai: Underworld don Chhota Rajan`s associate, who had jumped parole in 2006 and was absconding since then, was on Tuesday arrested from suburban Mulund, police said.
Mohammed Ali Ismail Aamdare (40), who had been serving life imprisonment in Nashik jail in a murder case, had jumped parole in 2006, police said, adding Aamdare was tracked down in Mulund this afternoon and arrested.
Acting on a tip off that Rajan`s aide would be coming to Gawanpada in Mulund to meet his associate, a trap was laid by a police when Aamdare was seen moving suspiciously in the area at around 2 PM today, said inspector (Crime Branch) Deepak Phatangare.
"The police team surrounded him and caught him. Aamdare, who was lodged in Nashik jail, had been released on parole on November 6, 2006 and was scheduled to return in 20 days. However, he never returned," the officer said.
Aamdare, a close aide of Rajan and a resident of Ambarnath in neighbouring Thane district, changed his locations to evade arrest and for the past few months he was hiding in Thane, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018