Chhota Shakeel`s father dies in Mumbai
Mumbai: One of the most wanted accused in India and underworld don Chhota Shakeel`s father died here on Friday.
Babumiyan Mayuddin Sheikh (83), a resident of Ismail building in Temkar Mohallah area of south Mumbai, died while undergoing treatment at a local hospital, said a senior police officer.
Sheikh had been unwell for the last few days and was hospitalised for some time, police said, adding they were keeping a watch on each and every person visiting the residence of Shakeel.
"Shakeel is considered as a right-hand man of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim who was involved in 1993 Mumbai serial blast," he said.
The officer also said they are intercepting all the calls as they feel that Shakeel might call his persons here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok