Cholera death toll in Solapur rises to 13
Solapur: The death toll due to cholera
has gone up to 13 in Solapur city, gripped by the epidemic
since last week.
Earlier, only few parts of the city were reported for
the gastro and cholera patients, particularly slums located at
the Ashok Chowk area. But even after the tall claims made by
the civic authorities, the epidemic is spreading rapidly in
Sneha Basavraj Bansode, 4, a resident of Bapuji Nagar,
died at the government hospital today morning. She was
admitted to the hospital after getting complaint of stomach
pain and omitting.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan had recently sent a
delegation of ministers-including Laxman Dhobale and Foujiya
Khan- to take stock of the situation in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez