Cholera-like epidemic claims one in Ahmednagar, 500 fall sick
Ahmednagar: Cholera-like epidemic is
widely spreading in Bhingar and adjoining camp areas here and
about 500 persons have fallen sick of it, the district civil
hospital sources said today.
Contaminated water supply and lack of cleanliness said
to have caused the epidemic.
The epidemic has claimed one life at Boot hospital.
Prakash Ghodke, 52, was the deceased. About 50 patients are
undergoing treatment in the district civil hospital and a
special cell has been opened there. Thirty patients are from
Many patients are getting treatment at Cantonment
hospital and in private hospitals. Cantonment hospital has the
capacity of about 25 patients but actually 35-40 patients are
undergoing treatment. Sources at the district hospital said
that they will confirm tomorrow what disease it is.
There is lack of sufficient number of doctors and
nurses. Still two doctors and staff are working hard to treat
the patients, hospital sources told PTI.
The epidemic has caused panic among the people and the
attendance of students is going down in schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered