Cholera-like epidemic claims one in Ahmednagar, 500 fall sick
Ahmednagar: Cholera-like epidemic is
widely spreading in Bhingar and adjoining camp areas here and
about 500 persons have fallen sick of it, the district civil
hospital sources said today.
Contaminated water supply and lack of cleanliness said
to have caused the epidemic.
The epidemic has claimed one life at Boot hospital.
Prakash Ghodke, 52, was the deceased. About 50 patients are
undergoing treatment in the district civil hospital and a
special cell has been opened there. Thirty patients are from
Many patients are getting treatment at Cantonment
hospital and in private hospitals. Cantonment hospital has the
capacity of about 25 patients but actually 35-40 patients are
undergoing treatment. Sources at the district hospital said
that they will confirm tomorrow what disease it is.
There is lack of sufficient number of doctors and
nurses. Still two doctors and staff are working hard to treat
the patients, hospital sources told PTI.
The epidemic has caused panic among the people and the
attendance of students is going down in schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir