Cholera-like epidemic claims one in Ahmednagar, 500 fall sick
Ahmednagar: Cholera-like epidemic is
widely spreading in Bhingar and adjoining camp areas here and
about 500 persons have fallen sick of it, the district civil
hospital sources said today.
Contaminated water supply and lack of cleanliness said
to have caused the epidemic.
The epidemic has claimed one life at Boot hospital.
Prakash Ghodke, 52, was the deceased. About 50 patients are
undergoing treatment in the district civil hospital and a
special cell has been opened there. Thirty patients are from
Many patients are getting treatment at Cantonment
hospital and in private hospitals. Cantonment hospital has the
capacity of about 25 patients but actually 35-40 patients are
undergoing treatment. Sources at the district hospital said
that they will confirm tomorrow what disease it is.
There is lack of sufficient number of doctors and
nurses. Still two doctors and staff are working hard to treat
the patients, hospital sources told PTI.
The epidemic has caused panic among the people and the
attendance of students is going down in schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16