Cholera-like epidemic claims one in Ahmednagar, 500 fall sick
Ahmednagar: Cholera-like epidemic is
widely spreading in Bhingar and adjoining camp areas here and
about 500 persons have fallen sick of it, the district civil
hospital sources said today.
Contaminated water supply and lack of cleanliness said
to have caused the epidemic.
The epidemic has claimed one life at Boot hospital.
Prakash Ghodke, 52, was the deceased. About 50 patients are
undergoing treatment in the district civil hospital and a
special cell has been opened there. Thirty patients are from
Many patients are getting treatment at Cantonment
hospital and in private hospitals. Cantonment hospital has the
capacity of about 25 patients but actually 35-40 patients are
undergoing treatment. Sources at the district hospital said
that they will confirm tomorrow what disease it is.
There is lack of sufficient number of doctors and
nurses. Still two doctors and staff are working hard to treat
the patients, hospital sources told PTI.
The epidemic has caused panic among the people and the
attendance of students is going down in schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire