Civic polls in Chandrapur and Parbhani on April 15
Mumbai: The Election Commission of Maharashtra on Tuesday announced that voting for the three newly-constituted municipal corporations of Chandrapur, Parbhani and Latur will take place on April 15.
Election Commissioner Neela Satyanarayan told reporters that elections to Bhiwandi-Nizampur and Malegaon civic bodies would also take place on the same day.
Counting of votes will take place on April 16. The by-election to one ward in Nanded-Waghala Municipal Corporation is necessitated due to resignation of the sitting member and it will also be held on April 15.
Nomination filing process will begin on March 20. The scrutiny of papers will take place on March 28. The last date of filing of nomination papers will be on March 30.
Satyanarayan admitted that there was bogus voting in the Nashik Muncipal Corporation polls.
Inquiry of polling agents will throw some light on the issue. "We will have to seek permission of the court to open the seal of EVMs so that we can find out exactly how many people had voted in each polling booth," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof