Civic polls in Chandrapur and Parbhani on April 15
Mumbai: The Election Commission of Maharashtra on Tuesday announced that voting for the three newly-constituted municipal corporations of Chandrapur, Parbhani and Latur will take place on April 15.
Election Commissioner Neela Satyanarayan told reporters that elections to Bhiwandi-Nizampur and Malegaon civic bodies would also take place on the same day.
Counting of votes will take place on April 16. The by-election to one ward in Nanded-Waghala Municipal Corporation is necessitated due to resignation of the sitting member and it will also be held on April 15.
Nomination filing process will begin on March 20. The scrutiny of papers will take place on March 28. The last date of filing of nomination papers will be on March 30.
Satyanarayan admitted that there was bogus voting in the Nashik Muncipal Corporation polls.
Inquiry of polling agents will throw some light on the issue. "We will have to seek permission of the court to open the seal of EVMs so that we can find out exactly how many people had voted in each polling booth," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read