Civic polls in Chandrapur and Parbhani on April 15
Mumbai: The Election Commission of Maharashtra on Tuesday announced that voting for the three newly-constituted municipal corporations of Chandrapur, Parbhani and Latur will take place on April 15.
Election Commissioner Neela Satyanarayan told reporters that elections to Bhiwandi-Nizampur and Malegaon civic bodies would also take place on the same day.
Counting of votes will take place on April 16. The by-election to one ward in Nanded-Waghala Municipal Corporation is necessitated due to resignation of the sitting member and it will also be held on April 15.
Nomination filing process will begin on March 20. The scrutiny of papers will take place on March 28. The last date of filing of nomination papers will be on March 30.
Satyanarayan admitted that there was bogus voting in the Nashik Muncipal Corporation polls.
Inquiry of polling agents will throw some light on the issue. "We will have to seek permission of the court to open the seal of EVMs so that we can find out exactly how many people had voted in each polling booth," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister