Clash outside Thane civil hospital, one injured
Thane: One person was seriously injured when two rival groups clashed in the premises of the district civil hospital here on Tuesday, police said.
API RT Pawar of the Thane Nagar police station said the clashes broke out in the early hours over an earlier incident on the occasion of a Haldi ceremony after which one Suresh Karotia was undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Some of Karotia`s relatives had called upon him to check on his health when people from the rival group also reached the hospital leading to a heated exchange of words followed by clashes in which one of patient`s relative Dileep Karotia was attacked several times with knives, leaving him seriously injured.
According to the complaint filed by the injured, there were five assaulters led by one Dudnath Chavan.
Police have registered an offence under sections 143,144,147,148,149,324, 323 and 427 of the IPC against the mob and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city