Clash outside Thane civil hospital, one injured
Thane: One person was seriously injured when two rival groups clashed in the premises of the district civil hospital here on Tuesday, police said.
API RT Pawar of the Thane Nagar police station said the clashes broke out in the early hours over an earlier incident on the occasion of a Haldi ceremony after which one Suresh Karotia was undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Some of Karotia`s relatives had called upon him to check on his health when people from the rival group also reached the hospital leading to a heated exchange of words followed by clashes in which one of patient`s relative Dileep Karotia was attacked several times with knives, leaving him seriously injured.
According to the complaint filed by the injured, there were five assaulters led by one Dudnath Chavan.
Police have registered an offence under sections 143,144,147,148,149,324, 323 and 427 of the IPC against the mob and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II