Clash outside Thane civil hospital, one injured
Thane: One person was seriously injured when two rival groups clashed in the premises of the district civil hospital here on Tuesday, police said.
API RT Pawar of the Thane Nagar police station said the clashes broke out in the early hours over an earlier incident on the occasion of a Haldi ceremony after which one Suresh Karotia was undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Some of Karotia`s relatives had called upon him to check on his health when people from the rival group also reached the hospital leading to a heated exchange of words followed by clashes in which one of patient`s relative Dileep Karotia was attacked several times with knives, leaving him seriously injured.
According to the complaint filed by the injured, there were five assaulters led by one Dudnath Chavan.
Police have registered an offence under sections 143,144,147,148,149,324, 323 and 427 of the IPC against the mob and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad