CM urged to act against ATS officials responsible for suicide
Beed (Maharashtra): Citizens demanded here on Monday that Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should personally look into the recent suicide of a witness of last year`s serial bomb blasts at Pune`s Jungli Maharaj Road.
They alleged that harassment by Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officials had driven him to commit suicide.
They submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister through the district collector, urging him to book the ATS officers allegedly responsible for the suicide of Mirza Rizwan Baig (32) from Beed district, who committed suicide on Sunday evening, by hanging himself at his house in Aurangabad.
His brother Mirza Shahnavaz alleged that his brother committed suicide due to torture by ATS officers.
The memorandum alleged that ATS officers had called Baig to Mumbai, to question him many times and also been exerting pressure on him to become a witness.
Allegedly, ATS officers had also threatened Baig that if he did not testify as they had asked him to, he would be implicated in another bomb blast case.
The memorandum alleged that due to the harassment, he committed suicide on Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof