CM urged to act against ATS officials responsible for suicide
Beed (Maharashtra): Citizens demanded here on Monday that Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should personally look into the recent suicide of a witness of last year`s serial bomb blasts at Pune`s Jungli Maharaj Road.
They alleged that harassment by Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officials had driven him to commit suicide.
They submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister through the district collector, urging him to book the ATS officers allegedly responsible for the suicide of Mirza Rizwan Baig (32) from Beed district, who committed suicide on Sunday evening, by hanging himself at his house in Aurangabad.
His brother Mirza Shahnavaz alleged that his brother committed suicide due to torture by ATS officers.
The memorandum alleged that ATS officers had called Baig to Mumbai, to question him many times and also been exerting pressure on him to become a witness.
Allegedly, ATS officers had also threatened Baig that if he did not testify as they had asked him to, he would be implicated in another bomb blast case.
The memorandum alleged that due to the harassment, he committed suicide on Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof