CM urged to act against ATS officials responsible for suicide
Beed (Maharashtra): Citizens demanded here on Monday that Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should personally look into the recent suicide of a witness of last year`s serial bomb blasts at Pune`s Jungli Maharaj Road.
They alleged that harassment by Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officials had driven him to commit suicide.
They submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister through the district collector, urging him to book the ATS officers allegedly responsible for the suicide of Mirza Rizwan Baig (32) from Beed district, who committed suicide on Sunday evening, by hanging himself at his house in Aurangabad.
His brother Mirza Shahnavaz alleged that his brother committed suicide due to torture by ATS officers.
The memorandum alleged that ATS officers had called Baig to Mumbai, to question him many times and also been exerting pressure on him to become a witness.
Allegedly, ATS officers had also threatened Baig that if he did not testify as they had asked him to, he would be implicated in another bomb blast case.
The memorandum alleged that due to the harassment, he committed suicide on Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!