CM urged to act against ATS officials responsible for suicide
Beed (Maharashtra): Citizens demanded here on Monday that Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should personally look into the recent suicide of a witness of last year`s serial bomb blasts at Pune`s Jungli Maharaj Road.
They alleged that harassment by Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officials had driven him to commit suicide.
They submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister through the district collector, urging him to book the ATS officers allegedly responsible for the suicide of Mirza Rizwan Baig (32) from Beed district, who committed suicide on Sunday evening, by hanging himself at his house in Aurangabad.
His brother Mirza Shahnavaz alleged that his brother committed suicide due to torture by ATS officers.
The memorandum alleged that ATS officers had called Baig to Mumbai, to question him many times and also been exerting pressure on him to become a witness.
Allegedly, ATS officers had also threatened Baig that if he did not testify as they had asked him to, he would be implicated in another bomb blast case.
The memorandum alleged that due to the harassment, he committed suicide on Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday