CM will meet Sonia Gandhi to discuss issues: Narayan Rane
Mumbai: Congress leader Narayan Rane on Tuesday said that AICC president Sonia Gandhi will be requested to intervene and resolve the deadlock over his resignation from the post of Industries Minister.
Rane, told reporters here on the sidelines of his meet with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan that it was decided that Chavan will seek an appointment with Sonia Gandhi in the next couple of days and that he, along with Chavan and Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre, will meet Gandhi to discuss the issues with her.
The senior party leader said he was "not satisfied" with the two hour discussion with the state Congress leadership.
"Chavan tried to persuade me to withdraw my resignation and work in the government and the party, saying that my services were needed. But I responded by telling him that the issues raised by me in my resignation letter need to be addressed first," Rane said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2