CM will meet Sonia Gandhi to discuss issues: Narayan Rane
Mumbai: Congress leader Narayan Rane on Tuesday said that AICC president Sonia Gandhi will be requested to intervene and resolve the deadlock over his resignation from the post of Industries Minister.
Rane, told reporters here on the sidelines of his meet with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan that it was decided that Chavan will seek an appointment with Sonia Gandhi in the next couple of days and that he, along with Chavan and Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre, will meet Gandhi to discuss the issues with her.
The senior party leader said he was "not satisfied" with the two hour discussion with the state Congress leadership.
"Chavan tried to persuade me to withdraw my resignation and work in the government and the party, saying that my services were needed. But I responded by telling him that the issues raised by me in my resignation letter need to be addressed first," Rane said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred