CO caught take bribe of Rs 15,000 from farmer
Jalgaon: A Circle Officer was caught Wednesday while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000
from a farmer here in North Maharashtra, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sources said.
Sudhakar Ganpat Kharche, the Circle Officer posted at Bhusawal tehsil of the district, had demanded Rs 15,000 from a farmer for entering his name in revenue documents after he
bought a piece of agriculture land, the sources said.
The farmer lodged a complaint with the ACB which laid a trap and caught Kharche accepting the money at his bungalow here this evening, they said.
The Circle Officer has been arrested under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!