CO caught take bribe of Rs 15,000 from farmer
Jalgaon: A Circle Officer was caught Wednesday while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000
from a farmer here in North Maharashtra, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sources said.
Sudhakar Ganpat Kharche, the Circle Officer posted at Bhusawal tehsil of the district, had demanded Rs 15,000 from a farmer for entering his name in revenue documents after he
bought a piece of agriculture land, the sources said.
The farmer lodged a complaint with the ACB which laid a trap and caught Kharche accepting the money at his bungalow here this evening, they said.
The Circle Officer has been arrested under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price