CO caught take bribe of Rs 15,000 from farmer
Jalgaon: A Circle Officer was caught Wednesday while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000
from a farmer here in North Maharashtra, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sources said.
Sudhakar Ganpat Kharche, the Circle Officer posted at Bhusawal tehsil of the district, had demanded Rs 15,000 from a farmer for entering his name in revenue documents after he
bought a piece of agriculture land, the sources said.
The farmer lodged a complaint with the ACB which laid a trap and caught Kharche accepting the money at his bungalow here this evening, they said.
The Circle Officer has been arrested under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'