Coaching class owner booked for molesting student
Mumbai: City Police have registered FIR against a coaching class owner for allegedly molesting a 17-year-old student, police sources said on Thursday.
Machindra Chate (48), owner of Chate Coaching Classes in Dadar, was booked for offences under sections 354 (assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of the IPC following a complaint filed by the victim with Bhoiwada police yesterday, sources said.
However, Chate has not yet been arrested, they said.
A meeting was held at the coaching classes yesterday between Chate, parents and students as syllabus had not been completed and examinations were approaching near.
After the meeting, the victim, an HSC Commerce student, accompanied by two girls and a boy, went to Chate`s cabin to discuss the same issue where there was a heated argument between the owner of the coaching classes and the students.
Following this, Chate inappropriately touched the girl, who later went to police station along with parents and fellow students to lodge a complaint.
Police recorded statement of the victim and two witnesses, a boy and a girl.
An FIR was registered against the coaching class owner and investigations were on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan, Bengaluru FC confirm knockout round berths
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll