Coaching class owner booked for molesting student
Mumbai: City Police have registered FIR against a coaching class owner for allegedly molesting a 17-year-old student, police sources said on Thursday.
Machindra Chate (48), owner of Chate Coaching Classes in Dadar, was booked for offences under sections 354 (assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) of the IPC following a complaint filed by the victim with Bhoiwada police yesterday, sources said.
However, Chate has not yet been arrested, they said.
A meeting was held at the coaching classes yesterday between Chate, parents and students as syllabus had not been completed and examinations were approaching near.
After the meeting, the victim, an HSC Commerce student, accompanied by two girls and a boy, went to Chate`s cabin to discuss the same issue where there was a heated argument between the owner of the coaching classes and the students.
Following this, Chate inappropriately touched the girl, who later went to police station along with parents and fellow students to lodge a complaint.
Police recorded statement of the victim and two witnesses, a boy and a girl.
An FIR was registered against the coaching class owner and investigations were on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why