Collector`s killing: Cong asks Maha govt to take strict action
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday expressed shock
over the brutal killing of an additional district collector in
Maharashtra and asked the party-led government there to take
"strictest" possible action against the culprits.
"It is a brutal murder. I hope that the government
will take as strong action as the case deserves. Whoever has
done it, must be brought to book," Congress general secretary
Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
"It is serious not only because a reprehensible
murder has been committed, but also because an offical who had
gone to perform his duty was killed and this will bring down
the morale of other officers. From this point of view too
strictest possible action should be taken," Dwivedi said.
Additional District Collector Yashwant Sonawane was
today burnt alive allegedly by petrol and diesel mafia at
Manmad in Maharashtra`s Nashik district.
Sonawane, 42, was killed at a roadside Dhaba near
Manmad town, about 260 kms from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand