Collector`s killing: Cong asks Maha govt to take strict action
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday expressed shock
over the brutal killing of an additional district collector in
Maharashtra and asked the party-led government there to take
"strictest" possible action against the culprits.
"It is a brutal murder. I hope that the government
will take as strong action as the case deserves. Whoever has
done it, must be brought to book," Congress general secretary
Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
"It is serious not only because a reprehensible
murder has been committed, but also because an offical who had
gone to perform his duty was killed and this will bring down
the morale of other officers. From this point of view too
strictest possible action should be taken," Dwivedi said.
Additional District Collector Yashwant Sonawane was
today burnt alive allegedly by petrol and diesel mafia at
Manmad in Maharashtra`s Nashik district.
Sonawane, 42, was killed at a roadside Dhaba near
Manmad town, about 260 kms from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?