College professor bashed up for molesting a girl student
Khandwa: A professor at the Government
Agriculture College was on Wednesday bashed up by ABVP workers
who stormed into his class and dragged him out alleging he had
illicit relations with a girl student and molested others.
Ashok Choudhary was taken by surprise as the ABVP
members forced him out of the class, blackened his face and
then thrashed him. A girl member hit him with her sandals and
then kicked him.
Choudhary was rescued by his colleagues.
Dean P P Shastri said that those who thrashed the
professor were not from his college.
He also denied the ABVP charge that Choudhary molested
some girls of the college.
City SP Mukesh Vaishya said no complaint has been
received so far in this regard.
This is not the first time that ABVP members have
In 2006, H S Sabharwal, head of the political science
department of Madhav College in Ujjain, died after violence in
the college over student union elections when he was allegedly
beaten up by ABVP activists. He later died in a hospital.
A Maharashtra court in 2009 acquitted six students
accused in the case due to lack of evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption