College professor bashed up for molesting a girl student
Khandwa: A professor at the Government
Agriculture College was on Wednesday bashed up by ABVP workers
who stormed into his class and dragged him out alleging he had
illicit relations with a girl student and molested others.
Ashok Choudhary was taken by surprise as the ABVP
members forced him out of the class, blackened his face and
then thrashed him. A girl member hit him with her sandals and
then kicked him.
Choudhary was rescued by his colleagues.
Dean P P Shastri said that those who thrashed the
professor were not from his college.
He also denied the ABVP charge that Choudhary molested
some girls of the college.
City SP Mukesh Vaishya said no complaint has been
received so far in this regard.
This is not the first time that ABVP members have
In 2006, H S Sabharwal, head of the political science
department of Madhav College in Ujjain, died after violence in
the college over student union elections when he was allegedly
beaten up by ABVP activists. He later died in a hospital.
A Maharashtra court in 2009 acquitted six students
accused in the case due to lack of evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel