Communal clash in Maharashtra town; 3 injured
Ahmednagar: Three persons were injured as
members of two communities pelted stones and indulged in arson at Newase town near here Thursday, police said.
Three shops were torched by the rioters at Newase, about 50km from here in Western Maharashtra, they said.
Three persons - a police inspector and two reporters
covering the incident - were injured in stone pelting, police
said, adding the clash started over some petty issue.
Additional force has been deployed in the town, where
situation in under control, DCP Krishna Prakash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days