Communal clash in Maharashtra town; 3 injured
Ahmednagar: Three persons were injured as
members of two communities pelted stones and indulged in arson at Newase town near here Thursday, police said.
Three shops were torched by the rioters at Newase, about 50km from here in Western Maharashtra, they said.
Three persons - a police inspector and two reporters
covering the incident - were injured in stone pelting, police
said, adding the clash started over some petty issue.
Additional force has been deployed in the town, where
situation in under control, DCP Krishna Prakash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch