Complaint against Raj being probed: Maha EC
Mumbai: Maharashtra Election Commissioner
Neela Satyanarayan on Wednesday said MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s
alleged provocative comment against North Indians would be
A delegation of Samajwadi Party met her yesterday seeking
action against the MNS chief for making a provocative
statement against North Indians during a public interview, she
"Raj Thackeray too called me and said he would send the
CD of the event. The Commission will also verify the contents
of the interview through independent sources," she added.
According to the complaint, Raj urged Marathi-speakers to
boycott North Indian shopkeepers, vegetable vendors and
The SEC also said that political leaders can take part
in flag-hoisting ceremonies on January 26. But "we have issued
directives that adding political colour to the flag-hoisting
ceremonies would amount to violation of the code of conduct,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan