Concern over Bal Thackeray`s health
Mumbai: With many political leaders and celebrities calling on ailing Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray, there is widespread concern over the health of the 86-year-old leader.
Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar went to the Thackeray residence Matoshri Sunday to meet the Sena chief.
Thackeray`s estranged nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray has also been constantly visiting Matoshri to check on his uncle.
Thackeray`s son and Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray too is unwell. He underwent the second phase of his angioplasty at the Lilavati Hospital here Sunday.
Uddhav had however Friday said his father`s health was stable, while conceding that the Sena chief continued to be under treatment for various ailments.
"Everybody is concerned, especially me, but he is stable now," Uddhav had told reporters after meeting party legislators and office-bearers.
On Nov 1, Raj too visited his uncle and called him the next day.
Last week, even President Pranab Mukherjee called up the Thackeray residence to enquire about the ailing leader. Shiv Sena had supported Mukherjee`s candidature for the president`s post.
Nationalist Congress Party minister and former Shiv Sena leader Chhagan Bhujbal had also called on him last week.
Concerns were raised about Thackeray`s health after he could not attend the annual Shiv Sena Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park Oct 24. He addressed party workers through a video message.
During the brief speech, Thackeray appeared to be breathless, at times incoherent and tired.
He admitted he was feeling "weary" and unwell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'