Cong announces second list of candidates for Maha
New Delhi: Shiv Sena MLA from Mumbai Sada
Sarbankar, who joined Congress a couple of days back, has been
given ticket from Mahim in the second list of four Congress
candidates announced by AICC on Thursday.
Sarbankar was denied ticket from Shiv Sena following the
delimitation of his constituency.
Former minister Rohidas Patil has been fielded from Dhule
Rural, while state Youth Congress chief Rajiv Satav is the
candidate from Kalamnuri.
Neelesh Balasaheb Deshmukh Parvekar is the party nominee
from Yavatmal, where PCC chief Manikrao Thakre was interested.
Satav and Parvekar have been given tickets from the youth
With AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi stressing on the
induction of youth in the electoral process, a good number of
young candidates have got tickets this time.
A decision is however pending on the seats in Latur
and Sholapur districts from where Amit Deshmukh, son of
Vilasrao Deshmukh and Praneti Shinde, daughter of Union
Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde are aspirants.
With this, the party has announced its candidates for
the 163 of the 174 seats it is contesting in alliance with
Shiv Sena for the 288-member Maharashtra assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video