Cong candidate contesting Sangli civic polls dies
Sangli: A Congress candidate contesting the Sangli Miraj Kupwad Municipal Corporation died on Sunday morning, police said.
Shamrao Mulake (54), a candidate for the civic elections being held today from ward no. 22, was admitted to a private hospital on Friday as he was suffering from diabetes and kidney problems, hospital sources said.
Because of his demise, the election at the ward has been postponed, an election officer said.
Meanwhile, Miraj police last evening booked the father of NCP candidate Juber Ibrahim Chaudhary for allegedly violating the model code of conduct for elections as he was found distributing cash among voters.
Sangli Miraj Kupwad Municipal Corporation commissioner and election officer Sanjay Degaonkar confirmed that a case has been filed against Chaudhary`s father Ibrahim Malik Chaudhary.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement