Cong distances itself from Antulay`s comments on Raigad swap
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) today sought to distance itself from remarks made by former chief minister and senior leader A R Antulay on the party`s decision to swap Raigad parliamentary seat with the NCP.
"He (Antulay) is a senior leader and his public comments have been conveyed to the central leadership," MPCC spokesman Sachin Sawant said, adding the remarks were "personal view" of Antulay.
Antulay had disapproved of the party`s decision to swap the constituency nurtured by him.
"In the evening of my life, I have to see my home being given away to someone else. After delimitation, Raigad district was divided into Mawal and Raigad parliamentary constituencies and the Congress has given away both to the NCP," he had told PTI.
Yesterday, MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said efforts will be made to placate Antulay.
Meanwhile, Sawant criticised Gujarat government for sending a notice of recovery of Rs 22.50 crore to Mahananda dairy through Mehsana, a cattle feed production unit.
"This shows the Gujarat government`s narrow minded attitude towards helping a neighbouring (state) battling with natural calamity. In 2013, when Maharashtra was facing drought, it sought help of Mehsana to send cattle feed.
"The Gujarat government filed an FIR against Mehsana for providing help to Mahananda and Mehsana in turn sent a notice to Mahananda to recover the amount," Sawant said.
He said Maharashtra government should intervene in the matter and reimburse the amount to Mehsana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez