Cong MLA wants flyover named after Delhi gang-rape
Mumbai: After Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday favoured naming the revised anti-rape legislation after the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim, his party`s MLA from Mumbai has demanded that the Milan subway flyover here be named after the braveheart.
Congress MLA from Vile Parle Krishna Hegde met Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan this evening and suggested to him that the flyover be named after the gang-rape victim.
The flyover will be completed in four months, he said.
"In case the government discloses the actual name of the victim at a later stage, the flyover should be named accordingly," Hegde said.
"Nirbhaya (the victim) embodies the spirit of fearlessness," Hegde said, in a letter to Chavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oil prices decline on glut worries
- US military confirms 14 new civilian deaths in Iraq, Syria
- Trump, Clinton to be given intelligence briefings: US officials
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'