Cong MP Vijay Darda`s wife passes away
Mumbai: Jyotsna Darda, wife of Congress Rajya Sabha member Vijay Darda, passed away here on Saturday following a brief illness. She was 61.
Jyotsna, 61, was the chairperson of the "Lokmat Sakhi Manch", a forum for women, started under the aegis of the newspaper group, managed by her husband.
Jyotsna, the President of Jain Saheli Mandal, was undergoing treatment at a local hospital here for the past few days.
She was the sister of former Maharashtra minister Suresh Jain.
Her last rites would be performed at Yavatmal in Vidarbha tomorrow, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning