Cong MP Vijay Darda`s wife passes away
Mumbai: Jyotsna Darda, wife of Congress Rajya Sabha member Vijay Darda, passed away here on Saturday following a brief illness. She was 61.
Jyotsna, 61, was the chairperson of the "Lokmat Sakhi Manch", a forum for women, started under the aegis of the newspaper group, managed by her husband.
Jyotsna, the President of Jain Saheli Mandal, was undergoing treatment at a local hospital here for the past few days.
She was the sister of former Maharashtra minister Suresh Jain.
Her last rites would be performed at Yavatmal in Vidarbha tomorrow, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!