Cong-NCP alliance will continue in 2014: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who recently completed two years in the office, on Sunday said the Congress and NCP alliance in the state would continue in the Assembly and Lok Sabha polls in 2014.
"There is no bitterness left between us. It was there only at the time of local bodies elections. We will have to work together as colleagues in Maharashtra, and in Delhi," Chavan said, talking to reporters here.
Lack of coordination was not a problem, he stressed.
"Disputes arose only during the Gramp Panchayat and Nagar Panchayat elections... We are focusing on 2014 Assembly and Lok Sabha elections. We will contest both these elections together," said Chavan.
Though Congress and NCP are sharing power in Maharashtra for more than a decade now, they spar frequently. NCP leaders have criticised Chavan`s functioning style directly and indirectly on several occasions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron