Cong-NCP alliance would backfire: BJP
Mumbai: Saying that alliance of Congress and
NCP for Mumbai municipal polls would be counter-productive,
BJP leader and leader of opposition in Maharashtra Legislative
Council Vinod Tawde on Monday said the two parties would face
rebellions in the ranks.
"The alliance will prove costly for Congress and NCP.
Besides, there would be rebellions," Tawde said here.
Saying that RPI, the alliance partner of Shiv Sena-BJP,
should have got more seats, Tawde said the disappointment of
the Ramdas Athawale-led party was "genuine". "We could not
give them more seats. However, we will try to overcome their
disappointment by giving them larger share when we come to
power," he said.
About rebellious Dhananjay Munde, senior BJP leader
Gopinath Munde`s nephew, Tawde said, "A committee comprising
Sudhir Mungantiwar and Eknath Khadse is conducting inquiry.
We have given the committee power to take the decision by
holding talks with Gopinath Munde."
Dhananjay had fallen out with his uncle and state BJP
over choice of candidate for Beed municipal council chairman.
As to the possibility of Raj Thackeray-led MNS eating
into Sena-BJP votes, Tawde said there would not be "much
impact". "They had an advantage last time (2007) as they were
a new party. This time around their impact will not be much
as people will assess their work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic