Cong-NCP coalition is indifferent to cause of farmers: Uddhav
Osmanabad: A day after Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan announced bringing about a white paper on irrigation, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said the ruling Congress and NCP coalition are merely doing a lip service to the cause of drought-hit farmers.
"This is nothing but drama as both Congress and NCP are trying to divert people`s attention from the impending agrarian crisis and are resorting to such theatrics," Uddhav said referring to Chavan`s announcement that the state will bring about a white paper on irrigation projects in last 10 years and dipping irrigation potential.
At the symposium on `Maharashtra Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow` held on the occasion of the birth centenary of Maharashtra`s first chief minister Yashwantrao Chavan in Mumbai, the chief minister yesterday admitted that irrigation potential had grown only by 0.1 per cent in the last decade in the state and said he would ask the department to examine the spending.
Uddhva today visited drought-hit villages in the district along with party MLC Neelam Gorhe.
"Congress and NCP are hungry for power. They fight and again join hands. It`s nothing new. They are now pretending that they are so concerned about farmers. If that is so then the CM and DCM must visit the regions reeling under drought," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city