Cong-NCP helping MNS in Maharashtra: Brinda Karat
Nashik: Senior CPM MP Brinda Karat said that
workers in the country are at receiving end of Centre`s
anti-labour policies and promotion of multinational firms.
"UPA government at the Centre is adopting anti-labourer
policy and promoting multi-national companies giving rise to
unemployment and workers problems," Karat told an election
rally at Satpur near Nashik on Sunday night.
Republican-Left Democratic Front has fielded Dr DL Karad
from this assembly constituency for Maharashtra Assembly polls
sheduled to be held October 13.
Earlier, in an interaction with newspersons, she said
that Maharashtra Navnirman Sena has challenged Constitution by
opposing North Indians` presence in the state.
Karat, also a politburo member of CPM, alleged
Congress-NCP alliance of supporting MNS to dent Sena-BJP
The Congress-NCP government in the state failed to keep
the promises it made during last assembly polls, she said.
The government failed on the front of farmers suicide and
subsidy schemes to benefit workers, Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province
- UN General Assembly President-elect to visit India