Cong questions Sena`s motives in sending Dhoot to RS
Mumbai: Reacting to Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s barbs with regard to nomination of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar to Rajya Sabha, Congress on Sunday questioned Sena`s own motives in sending industrialist Rajkumar Dhoot to the Upper House some years ago.
"If Thackeray says nominating Sachin to Rajya Sabha is like `Dirty Picture`, then was nominating Dhoot a case of `Apna Sapna Money Money?" MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said here.
At a function earlier in the day, Thackeray called Sachin`s nomination as the "real Dirty Picture". Yesterday, he had questioned Congress`s motives in nominating Sachin.
Sawant also criticised Thackeray`s remark about Rahul Gandhi. Thackeray said today that Rahul was a novice who wanted to become the Prime Minister.
"The Shiv Sena chief should first look at the `achievements` of his son (Uddhav Thackeray)," Sawant said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!