Cong questions Sena`s motives in sending Dhoot to RS
Mumbai: Reacting to Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s barbs with regard to nomination of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar to Rajya Sabha, Congress on Sunday questioned Sena`s own motives in sending industrialist Rajkumar Dhoot to the Upper House some years ago.
"If Thackeray says nominating Sachin to Rajya Sabha is like `Dirty Picture`, then was nominating Dhoot a case of `Apna Sapna Money Money?" MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said here.
At a function earlier in the day, Thackeray called Sachin`s nomination as the "real Dirty Picture". Yesterday, he had questioned Congress`s motives in nominating Sachin.
Sawant also criticised Thackeray`s remark about Rahul Gandhi. Thackeray said today that Rahul was a novice who wanted to become the Prime Minister.
"The Shiv Sena chief should first look at the `achievements` of his son (Uddhav Thackeray)," Sawant said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug