Cong rebel withdraws candidature for Bhiwandi east by-poll
Mumbai: Congress rebel Rizwan Ahmed on Tuesday
announced withdrawal of his candidature for by-elections to
Bhiwandi east scheduled for January 20.
Rizwan said he would work wholeheartedly to ensure
victory of the official candidate Muzzafar Husain, who is
pitted against Farhan Azmi, Samajwadi party leader Abu Asim
Azmi`s son and actress Ayesha Takia`s husband.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said Rizwan`s
withdrawal of candidature will pave way for Hussain`s victory.
Asked about the revocation of suspension of Deepak
Mankar, accused in a land grabbing case in Pune, Thakre said,
"I will inquire into it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold price climbs by Rs 120 to Rs 30,770 per 10 grams
- Fans bamboozled! John Cena posts Virat Kohli's picture on official instagram account, no reason cited
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley