Cong rebel withdraws candidature for Bhiwandi east by-poll
Mumbai: Congress rebel Rizwan Ahmed on Tuesday
announced withdrawal of his candidature for by-elections to
Bhiwandi east scheduled for January 20.
Rizwan said he would work wholeheartedly to ensure
victory of the official candidate Muzzafar Husain, who is
pitted against Farhan Azmi, Samajwadi party leader Abu Asim
Azmi`s son and actress Ayesha Takia`s husband.
MPCC president Manikrao Thakre said Rizwan`s
withdrawal of candidature will pave way for Hussain`s victory.
Asked about the revocation of suspension of Deepak
Mankar, accused in a land grabbing case in Pune, Thakre said,
"I will inquire into it".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!