Cong sidesteps Bhujbal`s CM-by-rotation theory
New Delhi: Sidestepping NCP leader
Chhagan Bhujbal`s view on sharing the Chief Minister`s post by rotation in Maharashtra, Congress on Tuesday said leaders of both
the parties would sit together and decide about partnership in
"Leaders of both parties (NCP and Congress) would sit
together and decide about the partnership in government after
the polls," Congress spokesman and AICC Secretary in-charge of
Maharashtra Mohan Prakash told reporters here.
Prakash said "he (Bhujbal) should first talk about it
(rotation of CM post) to his party".
In Mumbai, Bhujbal said "in case the Congress-NCP
government is voted back to power, Congress and NCP should
share the chief minister`s post for two-and-a-half years
Bhujbal said "NCP also has capable leaders who can
shoulder the responsibility of the chief minister`s post."
The remarks by Prakash came in the backdrop of
hectic lobbying in Delhi by Congress leaders for CM`s post.
Counting of votes in assembly elections would be held on
Congress sources here said "status quoism" was the
most likely formula in Maharashtra as far as selection of a
new leader was concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them