Cong sidesteps Bhujbal`s CM-by-rotation theory
New Delhi: Sidestepping NCP leader
Chhagan Bhujbal`s view on sharing the Chief Minister`s post by rotation in Maharashtra, Congress on Tuesday said leaders of both
the parties would sit together and decide about partnership in
"Leaders of both parties (NCP and Congress) would sit
together and decide about the partnership in government after
the polls," Congress spokesman and AICC Secretary in-charge of
Maharashtra Mohan Prakash told reporters here.
Prakash said "he (Bhujbal) should first talk about it
(rotation of CM post) to his party".
In Mumbai, Bhujbal said "in case the Congress-NCP
government is voted back to power, Congress and NCP should
share the chief minister`s post for two-and-a-half years
Bhujbal said "NCP also has capable leaders who can
shoulder the responsibility of the chief minister`s post."
The remarks by Prakash came in the backdrop of
hectic lobbying in Delhi by Congress leaders for CM`s post.
Counting of votes in assembly elections would be held on
Congress sources here said "status quoism" was the
most likely formula in Maharashtra as far as selection of a
new leader was concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000