Cong takes to networking sites ahead of BMC polls
Mumbai: Ahead of the Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC) polls, the Mumbai Regional
Congress Committee has resorted to social networking sites --
like Twitter and Facebook to invite suggestions from people
for drafting the party manifesto.
"We are welcoming suggestions from people through the
social networking sites about what kind of development they
want in their area. Based on their suggestions, we would draft
our manifesto for the civic elections," party spokesperson,
Nizamuddin Rayeen said.
Till January 10, people can tell us about the civic
issues in their areas like drainages, roads, storm-water
drains, etc, he said adding that on January 11, a party
meeting has been scheduled.
Rayeen said that the suggestions sent by people, would
come in handy during the poll-campaigns as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24