Congress, BJP leaders condole Deshmukh`s demise
Nagpur: In a rare show of unity, political leaders cutting across party lines gathered here to condole the demise of Union Minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
Right from BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, who is likely to contest next Lok Sabha polls from Nagpur, AICC general secretary and incumbent city MP Vilas Muttemwar, state social justice and guardian minister of Nagpur district Shivajirao Moghe, Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Sancheti and former MP Banwarilal Purohit (BJP) shared the dais during a condolence meeting held here yesterday.
Also former MP Jogendra Kawade (PRP), former minister Anees Ahmad, MLAs Dinanath Padole, Raosaheb Shekhawat (both Cong), Davendra Phadanvis (BJP), city mayor Anil Sole and former deputy mayor Shekhar Sawarbandhe (Shiv Sena) were present, along with leaders from NCP and MNS.
City Congress committee had organised the meeting where the speakers recalled Deshmukh`s contribution towards developing Nagpur as his dream city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her