Congress, BJP leaders condole Deshmukh`s demise
Nagpur: In a rare show of unity, political leaders cutting across party lines gathered here to condole the demise of Union Minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
Right from BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, who is likely to contest next Lok Sabha polls from Nagpur, AICC general secretary and incumbent city MP Vilas Muttemwar, state social justice and guardian minister of Nagpur district Shivajirao Moghe, Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Sancheti and former MP Banwarilal Purohit (BJP) shared the dais during a condolence meeting held here yesterday.
Also former MP Jogendra Kawade (PRP), former minister Anees Ahmad, MLAs Dinanath Padole, Raosaheb Shekhawat (both Cong), Davendra Phadanvis (BJP), city mayor Anil Sole and former deputy mayor Shekhar Sawarbandhe (Shiv Sena) were present, along with leaders from NCP and MNS.
City Congress committee had organised the meeting where the speakers recalled Deshmukh`s contribution towards developing Nagpur as his dream city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred