Congress, BJP leaders condole Deshmukh`s demise
Nagpur: In a rare show of unity, political leaders cutting across party lines gathered here to condole the demise of Union Minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
Right from BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, who is likely to contest next Lok Sabha polls from Nagpur, AICC general secretary and incumbent city MP Vilas Muttemwar, state social justice and guardian minister of Nagpur district Shivajirao Moghe, Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Sancheti and former MP Banwarilal Purohit (BJP) shared the dais during a condolence meeting held here yesterday.
Also former MP Jogendra Kawade (PRP), former minister Anees Ahmad, MLAs Dinanath Padole, Raosaheb Shekhawat (both Cong), Davendra Phadanvis (BJP), city mayor Anil Sole and former deputy mayor Shekhar Sawarbandhe (Shiv Sena) were present, along with leaders from NCP and MNS.
City Congress committee had organised the meeting where the speakers recalled Deshmukh`s contribution towards developing Nagpur as his dream city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress