Congress expresses grief over Pune IT professional`s killing
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday expressed condolences at the murder of a young IT professional in Pune by alleged activists of a right-wing fringe group over remarks made on Facebook.
Congress spokesperson Shashi Tharoor told reporters that the party expressed its "deep condolences to the family and loved ones of 24-year-old Mohsin Sadiq".
Sadiq was beaten to death in Pune by seven men alleged belonging to an outfit that called Hindu Rashtra Sena because of apparently derogatory comments about late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
Tharoor added that the death of Sadiq was a "very serious indictment of some of the extreme beliefs that have been allowed to take hold in the imaginations of certain people".
"The answer to an opinion is another opinion, the answer to a word is another word, not violence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price