Congress is a pain for NCP: RR Patil
Thane: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil came down heavily upon the Congress on Sunday and said the party has become "a pain" for the NCP.
"Because of the Congress party`s corrupt practices and its leaders going to jail, the Congress has become a pain for the NCP," Patil said while addressing a party election rally for the November 4 civic elections at Dahanu in Thane district.
In his hard hitting speech, he said the Congress had become a liability for the NCP.
"There was a time when Congress leaders fought the British and were imprisoned, but today Congress leaders are imprisoned for rampant corrupt practices," he said.
Elections to the Dahanu Municipal Council will be held on November 4 and the counting on the next day.
There are 100 candidates in the fray for 23 seats in the council and around 37,000 voters will cast their votes to select their representatives.
Like the Congress and the NCP, the Shiv Sena and the BJP are also contesting municipal council elections on their own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic