Congress is a pain for NCP: RR Patil
Thane: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil came down heavily upon the Congress on Sunday and said the party has become "a pain" for the NCP.
"Because of the Congress party`s corrupt practices and its leaders going to jail, the Congress has become a pain for the NCP," Patil said while addressing a party election rally for the November 4 civic elections at Dahanu in Thane district.
In his hard hitting speech, he said the Congress had become a liability for the NCP.
"There was a time when Congress leaders fought the British and were imprisoned, but today Congress leaders are imprisoned for rampant corrupt practices," he said.
Elections to the Dahanu Municipal Council will be held on November 4 and the counting on the next day.
There are 100 candidates in the fray for 23 seats in the council and around 37,000 voters will cast their votes to select their representatives.
Like the Congress and the NCP, the Shiv Sena and the BJP are also contesting municipal council elections on their own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports