Congress issues show-cause notice to Maharashtra dissidents Sawant, Bordikar
Mumbai: Cracking the whip against the dissidents, Maharashtra unit of Congress has issued show-cause notices to two legislators for indulging in anti-party activities.
State unit chief Manikrao Thakre said a notice was issued to MLC Vijay Sawant for criticising the senior Congress leader and Industries Minister Narayan Rane and his son Nitesh at a press conference. Nitesh, a sitting Congress MP, is seeking re-election from Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg constituency.
Another notice was issued to Ramprasad Bordikar, the Jintu MLA, after the ally NCP complained that he was not helping latter`s candidate Vijay Bhamble in Parbhani constituency.
Bhamble had contested the 2009 Assembly election against Bordikar as an independent and the two reportedly do not see eye to eye.
Thakre said that every party leader and worker must work for the official candidates and dissidence would not brooked.
The state Congress chief expressed confidence that the high turnout in Vidarbha yesterday would help Congress. "We expect out seat tally in Vidarbha would go up," he said. Of the ten Lok Sabha seats where polling was held, Congress had won four last time and NCP one.
Thakre claimed that Congress could wrest the Akola seat as well, which the party had thought to be difficult to win before the start of the campaign.
"Don`t be surprised if Congress-NCP bag all the ten seats," he said, adding that Congress was also confident that BJP leader NItin Gadkari would lose to the party veteran Vilas Muttemwar in Nagpur.
Meanwhile, Thakre informed that Congress candidate Sanjay Deotale from Chandrapur had complained against former MP Naresh Pugalia for working against him. The complaint was forwarded to the central leadership, he added.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS