Congress issues show-cause notice to Maharashtra dissidents Sawant, Bordikar
Mumbai: Cracking the whip against the dissidents, Maharashtra unit of Congress has issued show-cause notices to two legislators for indulging in anti-party activities.
State unit chief Manikrao Thakre said a notice was issued to MLC Vijay Sawant for criticising the senior Congress leader and Industries Minister Narayan Rane and his son Nitesh at a press conference. Nitesh, a sitting Congress MP, is seeking re-election from Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg constituency.
Another notice was issued to Ramprasad Bordikar, the Jintu MLA, after the ally NCP complained that he was not helping latter`s candidate Vijay Bhamble in Parbhani constituency.
Bhamble had contested the 2009 Assembly election against Bordikar as an independent and the two reportedly do not see eye to eye.
Thakre said that every party leader and worker must work for the official candidates and dissidence would not brooked.
The state Congress chief expressed confidence that the high turnout in Vidarbha yesterday would help Congress. "We expect out seat tally in Vidarbha would go up," he said. Of the ten Lok Sabha seats where polling was held, Congress had won four last time and NCP one.
Thakre claimed that Congress could wrest the Akola seat as well, which the party had thought to be difficult to win before the start of the campaign.
"Don`t be surprised if Congress-NCP bag all the ten seats," he said, adding that Congress was also confident that BJP leader NItin Gadkari would lose to the party veteran Vilas Muttemwar in Nagpur.
Meanwhile, Thakre informed that Congress candidate Sanjay Deotale from Chandrapur had complained against former MP Naresh Pugalia for working against him. The complaint was forwarded to the central leadership, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him