Congress leaders dismayed by Ajit Pawar`s crass remarks
Mumbai: A Congress source on Monday said that Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s controversial statement about water situation had left many party leaders "disappointed".
"Ajit Pawar`s statement was totally wrong. Several Congress ministers and MLAs are disappointed because of such a crass statement," a Congress minister told PTI on the condition of anonymity here today.
Since the party is in alliance with NCP, it could not condemn Ajit`s statement openly, the minister said. "We will have to suffer because of such irresponsible statement," he added.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?" the NCP leader said in an insensitive comment at a function in Pune district two days ago, kicking up a controversy in the state which is reeling under a severe drought. Pawar later apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble