Congress leaders dismayed by Ajit Pawar`s crass remarks
Mumbai: A Congress source on Monday said that Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s controversial statement about water situation had left many party leaders "disappointed".
"Ajit Pawar`s statement was totally wrong. Several Congress ministers and MLAs are disappointed because of such a crass statement," a Congress minister told PTI on the condition of anonymity here today.
Since the party is in alliance with NCP, it could not condemn Ajit`s statement openly, the minister said. "We will have to suffer because of such irresponsible statement," he added.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?" the NCP leader said in an insensitive comment at a function in Pune district two days ago, kicking up a controversy in the state which is reeling under a severe drought. Pawar later apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly