Congress leaders dismayed by Ajit Pawar`s crass remarks
Mumbai: A Congress source on Monday said that Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s controversial statement about water situation had left many party leaders "disappointed".
"Ajit Pawar`s statement was totally wrong. Several Congress ministers and MLAs are disappointed because of such a crass statement," a Congress minister told PTI on the condition of anonymity here today.
Since the party is in alliance with NCP, it could not condemn Ajit`s statement openly, the minister said. "We will have to suffer because of such irresponsible statement," he added.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?" the NCP leader said in an insensitive comment at a function in Pune district two days ago, kicking up a controversy in the state which is reeling under a severe drought. Pawar later apologised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended