Congress leaders dismayed by Ajit Pawar`s crass remarks
Mumbai: A Congress source on Monday said that Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s controversial statement about water situation had left many party leaders "disappointed".
"Ajit Pawar`s statement was totally wrong. Several Congress ministers and MLAs are disappointed because of such a crass statement," a Congress minister told PTI on the condition of anonymity here today.
Since the party is in alliance with NCP, it could not condemn Ajit`s statement openly, the minister said. "We will have to suffer because of such irresponsible statement," he added.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?" the NCP leader said in an insensitive comment at a function in Pune district two days ago, kicking up a controversy in the state which is reeling under a severe drought. Pawar later apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP