Congress leaders dismayed by Ajit Pawar`s crass remarks
Mumbai: A Congress source on Monday said that Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s controversial statement about water situation had left many party leaders "disappointed".
"Ajit Pawar`s statement was totally wrong. Several Congress ministers and MLAs are disappointed because of such a crass statement," a Congress minister told PTI on the condition of anonymity here today.
Since the party is in alliance with NCP, it could not condemn Ajit`s statement openly, the minister said. "We will have to suffer because of such irresponsible statement," he added.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?" the NCP leader said in an insensitive comment at a function in Pune district two days ago, kicking up a controversy in the state which is reeling under a severe drought. Pawar later apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray