Congress likely to field same faces for LS poll in Mumbai
New Delhi: Congress is expected to renominate all its sitting members from Mumbai in Lok Sabha polls including Party General Secretary Gurudas Kamat and Union Minister Milind Deora.
A senior leader said the party has no plans to effect any change in party candidates in Mumbai after sweeping the megapolis in the last general elections.
Congress had won five and its ally NCP one seat in Mumbai in the 2009 polls which saw Raj Thackarey`s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena substially cutting into the votes of the BJP-Shiv Sena combine. Mumbai has a total of six LS seats.
Other Congress MPs from Mumbai are AICC Secretaries Priya Dutt and Sanjay Nirupam and senior leader Eknath Gaikwad.
The first meeting of the Central Election Committee of the party is expected next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!