Congress MLA killed in road accident in Maharashtra
Yavatmal/Mumbai: Sitting Congress MLA from Yavatmal, Nilesh Deshmukh Parvekar was killed in a road accident Sunday night near Ladkhed village, about 25 km away from Yavatmal.
The 44-year-old MLA was driving a car when the accident occurred at around 8.30 PM, party sources said, adding that details of the mishap are awaited.
Zila parishad member Balasaheb Mangulkar, who was also in the ill-fated vehicle, sustained serious injuries. Doctors said he is now out of danger and admitted to a local private hospital.
Nilesh was rushed to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead, they said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and MPCC president Manikrao Thakre will be going to Yavatmal tomorrow, as Nilesh was a close associate of Chavan.
An active member of the Rahul Gandhi brigade, he was one of the five Youth Congress leaders who were given party tickets by Rahul during the last Maharashtra Assembly polls.
Son of late Balasaheb Deshmukh Parvekar and Kantabai Deshmukh, Nilesh is survived by his wife, two young daughters, mother and younger brother Yogesh Deshmukh Parvekar.
The Congress leader was also one of the Directors of the State Housing Finance Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem