Congress MLA killed in road accident in Maharashtra
Yavatmal/Mumbai: Sitting Congress MLA from Yavatmal, Nilesh Deshmukh Parvekar was killed in a road accident Sunday night near Ladkhed village, about 25 km away from Yavatmal.
The 44-year-old MLA was driving a car when the accident occurred at around 8.30 PM, party sources said, adding that details of the mishap are awaited.
Zila parishad member Balasaheb Mangulkar, who was also in the ill-fated vehicle, sustained serious injuries. Doctors said he is now out of danger and admitted to a local private hospital.
Nilesh was rushed to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead, they said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and MPCC president Manikrao Thakre will be going to Yavatmal tomorrow, as Nilesh was a close associate of Chavan.
An active member of the Rahul Gandhi brigade, he was one of the five Youth Congress leaders who were given party tickets by Rahul during the last Maharashtra Assembly polls.
Son of late Balasaheb Deshmukh Parvekar and Kantabai Deshmukh, Nilesh is survived by his wife, two young daughters, mother and younger brother Yogesh Deshmukh Parvekar.
The Congress leader was also one of the Directors of the State Housing Finance Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani