Congress MLA killed in road accident in Maharashtra
Yavatmal/Mumbai: Sitting Congress MLA from Yavatmal, Nilesh Deshmukh Parvekar was killed in a road accident Sunday night near Ladkhed village, about 25 km away from Yavatmal.
The 44-year-old MLA was driving a car when the accident occurred at around 8.30 PM, party sources said, adding that details of the mishap are awaited.
Zila parishad member Balasaheb Mangulkar, who was also in the ill-fated vehicle, sustained serious injuries. Doctors said he is now out of danger and admitted to a local private hospital.
Nilesh was rushed to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead, they said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and MPCC president Manikrao Thakre will be going to Yavatmal tomorrow, as Nilesh was a close associate of Chavan.
An active member of the Rahul Gandhi brigade, he was one of the five Youth Congress leaders who were given party tickets by Rahul during the last Maharashtra Assembly polls.
Son of late Balasaheb Deshmukh Parvekar and Kantabai Deshmukh, Nilesh is survived by his wife, two young daughters, mother and younger brother Yogesh Deshmukh Parvekar.
The Congress leader was also one of the Directors of the State Housing Finance Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'