Congress MLA killed in road accident in Maharashtra
Yavatmal/Mumbai: Sitting Congress MLA from Yavatmal, Nilesh Deshmukh Parvekar was killed in a road accident Sunday night near Ladkhed village, about 25 km away from Yavatmal.
The 44-year-old MLA was driving a car when the accident occurred at around 8.30 PM, party sources said, adding that details of the mishap are awaited.
Zila parishad member Balasaheb Mangulkar, who was also in the ill-fated vehicle, sustained serious injuries. Doctors said he is now out of danger and admitted to a local private hospital.
Nilesh was rushed to the same hospital where doctors declared him dead, they said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and MPCC president Manikrao Thakre will be going to Yavatmal tomorrow, as Nilesh was a close associate of Chavan.
An active member of the Rahul Gandhi brigade, he was one of the five Youth Congress leaders who were given party tickets by Rahul during the last Maharashtra Assembly polls.
Son of late Balasaheb Deshmukh Parvekar and Kantabai Deshmukh, Nilesh is survived by his wife, two young daughters, mother and younger brother Yogesh Deshmukh Parvekar.
The Congress leader was also one of the Directors of the State Housing Finance Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit