Congress MP threatens to file defamation suit against Kejriwal
Nagpur: Sitting Congress MP from Nagpur Vilas Muttemwar on Saturday threatened to sue AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for defamation after he alleged that he and former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari are business partners in a company.
Muttemwar is taking on debutante Gadkari from this seat where AAP has fielded its leader Anjali Damania.
In a rally held at Kasturchand Park here last night, Kejriwal said Muttemwar and former BJP president Gadkari are partners in a company in Mihan (Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) project here.
Mihan is the biggest economical development project currently underway in the country in terms of investments.
Dismissing Kejriwal`s charge, Muttemwar said he would not file his poll nomination on March 21 if the allegation levelled against him is backed by any documentary proof.
"...I will request Congress leadership to nominate someone else if the charge is proved. Otherwise, I would proceed with defamation case against Kejriwal and also file a criminal complaint against him," Muttemwar told reporters in a press conference.
Muttemwar said Kejriwal`s allegation is nothing but a "hit-and-run case" aimed at character assassination.
"...You level any baseless allegation and run away without giving any proof. This allegation is most irresponsible. It seems Kejriwal has crossed all limits of decency," the MP said.
Muttemwar said he would take up the issue with the EC.
Meanwhile, DMDK sources in Chennai said BJP president Rajnath Singh, Narendra Modi, MDMK chief Vaiko and PMK leader Anbumani Ramadoss called up Vijayakanth hours after he announced his party`s tie-up with the saffron party for the LS polls and greeted him for the public declaration.
"All leaders from our (NDA) alliance have spoken to our leader Vijayakanth and thanked and greeted him for declaring the alliance in election meetings on Saturday," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media