Congress MP threatens to file defamation suit against Kejriwal
Nagpur: Sitting Congress MP from Nagpur Vilas Muttemwar on Saturday threatened to sue AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for defamation after he alleged that he and former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari are business partners in a company.
Muttemwar is taking on debutante Gadkari from this seat where AAP has fielded its leader Anjali Damania.
In a rally held at Kasturchand Park here last night, Kejriwal said Muttemwar and former BJP president Gadkari are partners in a company in Mihan (Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) project here.
Mihan is the biggest economical development project currently underway in the country in terms of investments.
Dismissing Kejriwal`s charge, Muttemwar said he would not file his poll nomination on March 21 if the allegation levelled against him is backed by any documentary proof.
"...I will request Congress leadership to nominate someone else if the charge is proved. Otherwise, I would proceed with defamation case against Kejriwal and also file a criminal complaint against him," Muttemwar told reporters in a press conference.
Muttemwar said Kejriwal`s allegation is nothing but a "hit-and-run case" aimed at character assassination.
"...You level any baseless allegation and run away without giving any proof. This allegation is most irresponsible. It seems Kejriwal has crossed all limits of decency," the MP said.
Muttemwar said he would take up the issue with the EC.
Meanwhile, DMDK sources in Chennai said BJP president Rajnath Singh, Narendra Modi, MDMK chief Vaiko and PMK leader Anbumani Ramadoss called up Vijayakanth hours after he announced his party`s tie-up with the saffron party for the LS polls and greeted him for the public declaration.
"All leaders from our (NDA) alliance have spoken to our leader Vijayakanth and thanked and greeted him for declaring the alliance in election meetings on Saturday," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical