Congress-NCP leaders meet to fine-tune campaign strategy
Mumbai: Congress and NCP leaders met here on Monday to discuss co-ordination to carry out joint campaign and to fine tune strategy to take on the opposition.
The meeting was attended by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, senior ministers and state unit chiefs of both parties.
It was decided that leaders of both the parties will speak to their respective local units to ensure the cadre works for the victory of the candidate of the coalition partner.
"The meeting was also to discuss internal rebellion within the two coalition partners. In Palghar, Congress and NCP were told to ensure victory of Congress candidate Rajendra Gavit as a section of the Congress was demanding that Gavit`s candidature be withdrawn to ensure victory of sitting MP Baliram Jadhav of Bahujan Vikas Agadhi and an ally of Congress," a source said.
Similarly, Narayan Rane complained that NCP MLA Deepak Kesarkar was working against his son and Congress candidate for Ratnagiri Sindhudurg Nilesh Rane.
The leaders also met office-bearers and workers from Bhiwandi, Kalyan, Thane, Amravati and Buldhana. Recently, NCP expelled Sanjay Khodke for working against party candidate Navneet Rana in Amravati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand