Congress seeks probe into RSS HQ work
Nagpur: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Friday demanded a probe into the expansion and other construction activities carried out at RSS headquarters when the present BJP chief Nitin Gadkari was the PWD minister in Sena-BJP rule in the state between 1995 and 1999.
"The Chief Minister should order an inquiry into the huge construction activities at RSS HQ in Mahal and also in Smruti Mandir in Reshimbagh here in the city. There should be an inquiry into the role of contractors, who were benefitted in the due course," MPCC chairman Manikrao Thakre told a group of reporters here on Friday.
"As a minister, Gadkari helped the RSS expand its infrastructure and construct new buildings and other civil work, which needs to be probed," Gadkari said.
"We want the Chief Minister to order an inquiry into these activities," he said.
Questions have been raised over the source of funds for Purti Power and Sugar Ltd controlled by Gadkari. Media investigations claim that major investments and large loans to Purti were made by a construction firm Ideal Road Builders (IRB) group, which had won contracts between 1995 and 1999, when Gadkari was a minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan