Congress should identify who put it in spot over Adarsh: NCP
Mumbai: In a veiled swipe at Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, the Nationalist Congress Party on Friday said Maharashtra Congress should identify those who were responsible for putting it in a spot over the Adarsh Society probe commission`s report.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi today said in Delhi that he did not agree with state government`s decision to reject the report, which indicts former Congress Chief Ministers Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Ashok Chavan and the late Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"Those who are responsible should be identified by the party. They (Congress) have to face such setbacks both in the state and at the Centre, which creates an awkward situation for them. The leaders who are responsible should be identified and the party should think about them," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told a news agency here.
Malik also said NCP would back Chavan if he reversed his decision to reject the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?