Congress should identify who put it in spot over Adarsh: NCP
Mumbai: In a veiled swipe at Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, the Nationalist Congress Party on Friday said Maharashtra Congress should identify those who were responsible for putting it in a spot over the Adarsh Society probe commission`s report.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi today said in Delhi that he did not agree with state government`s decision to reject the report, which indicts former Congress Chief Ministers Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Ashok Chavan and the late Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"Those who are responsible should be identified by the party. They (Congress) have to face such setbacks both in the state and at the Centre, which creates an awkward situation for them. The leaders who are responsible should be identified and the party should think about them," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told a news agency here.
Malik also said NCP would back Chavan if he reversed his decision to reject the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey