Congress trying to bury Adarsh housing scam: BJP
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley on Friday charged that after "burying" the 2G spectrum scam by allegedly manipulating the JPC report, Congress has tried to conceal the truth in the Adarsh scam with the Maharashtra cabinet not accepting the probe report.
"The JPC buried the 2G scandal. The Maharashtra Cabinet buries the Adarsh fraud. (But) Can truth be ever buried?" Jaitley said on Twitter.
The Cabinet of the Congress-led government in Maharashtra today rejected the report of a judicial commission, which was probing the Adarsh scam which had led to the resignation of then Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in 2010.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayanan had refused permission to CBI to prosecute Chavan.
There was chaos in the Maharashtra Assembly today when the government tabled the report of the judicial commission.
Chavan`s predecessors, late Vilasrao Deshmukh and Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, were questioned by the judicial commission in the case.
In the 2G spectrum case, BJP has alleged Congress altered the report of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the scam by removing portions of the dissent note filed by its party members. They had written to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar asking her not to accept the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp