Congress trying to bury Adarsh housing scam: BJP
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley on Friday charged that after "burying" the 2G spectrum scam by allegedly manipulating the JPC report, Congress has tried to conceal the truth in the Adarsh scam with the Maharashtra cabinet not accepting the probe report.
"The JPC buried the 2G scandal. The Maharashtra Cabinet buries the Adarsh fraud. (But) Can truth be ever buried?" Jaitley said on Twitter.
The Cabinet of the Congress-led government in Maharashtra today rejected the report of a judicial commission, which was probing the Adarsh scam which had led to the resignation of then Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in 2010.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayanan had refused permission to CBI to prosecute Chavan.
There was chaos in the Maharashtra Assembly today when the government tabled the report of the judicial commission.
Chavan`s predecessors, late Vilasrao Deshmukh and Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, were questioned by the judicial commission in the case.
In the 2G spectrum case, BJP has alleged Congress altered the report of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the scam by removing portions of the dissent note filed by its party members. They had written to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar asking her not to accept the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand