Congress workers clash over Lok Sabha ticket; four hurt
Aurangabad: Four Congress workers were injured, one of them seriously, when supporters of two local leaders clashed here on Saturday over the party ticket for upcoming Lok Sabha polls, police said.
The incident occurred at Gandhi Bhavan in the presence of Congress observer Muzaffar Hussain.
According to sources, supporters of a former MP, who had left BJP to contest on Congress ticket clashed with those of a former MLA in the district.
The seriously injured Congress worker has been identified as Rahim Patel, police said, adding three others were discharged after the first aid.
When contacted, city Congress president Syed Akram denied the incident.
Interestingly, Aurangabad constituency was short-listed as one of the primaries to decide a consensus candidate for Lok Sabha elections, but it was eventually dropped owing to intense factionalism in local Congress unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy