Congress workers clash over Lok Sabha ticket; four hurt
Aurangabad: Four Congress workers were injured, one of them seriously, when supporters of two local leaders clashed here on Saturday over the party ticket for upcoming Lok Sabha polls, police said.
The incident occurred at Gandhi Bhavan in the presence of Congress observer Muzaffar Hussain.
According to sources, supporters of a former MP, who had left BJP to contest on Congress ticket clashed with those of a former MLA in the district.
The seriously injured Congress worker has been identified as Rahim Patel, police said, adding three others were discharged after the first aid.
When contacted, city Congress president Syed Akram denied the incident.
Interestingly, Aurangabad constituency was short-listed as one of the primaries to decide a consensus candidate for Lok Sabha elections, but it was eventually dropped owing to intense factionalism in local Congress unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'