Congress workers clash over Lok Sabha ticket; four hurt
Aurangabad: Four Congress workers were injured, one of them seriously, when supporters of two local leaders clashed here on Saturday over the party ticket for upcoming Lok Sabha polls, police said.
The incident occurred at Gandhi Bhavan in the presence of Congress observer Muzaffar Hussain.
According to sources, supporters of a former MP, who had left BJP to contest on Congress ticket clashed with those of a former MLA in the district.
The seriously injured Congress worker has been identified as Rahim Patel, police said, adding three others were discharged after the first aid.
When contacted, city Congress president Syed Akram denied the incident.
Interestingly, Aurangabad constituency was short-listed as one of the primaries to decide a consensus candidate for Lok Sabha elections, but it was eventually dropped owing to intense factionalism in local Congress unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing